The Colorado Association of Legal Support Staff (CALSS) is a Colorado non-profit organization incorporated in 1996. CALSS is dedicated to furthering the knowledge of the law and upholding its honor and dignity, furthering the professional interests of legal support staff, establishing good fellowship among the members, promoting and encouraging a spirit of loyalty and cooperation between employer and employee, and promoting a high standard of ethics among members.
This site and links are designed to provide you with information about our professional association, membership and benefits, continuing legal education opportunities, and upcoming activities.
|Larimer-Weld Association of Legal Support Staff
The 20th Annual Meeting and Educational Conference will be held on September 17, 2016, at the Greeley Guest House in Greeley, Colorado.
- Active Members are individuals who are licensed to practice law or engaged as a secretary, legal assistant, paralegal, administrator, or clerk in any law office; or any person employed in any public or private institution directly engaged in work of a legal nature.
- Members-at-Large are individuals who meet the requirements of Active Membership, but who are not members of a local affiliated chapter.
- Associate Membership is available to students or other individuals not directly employed in work of a legal nature.
- Any individual who has been an active members of CALSS or any other professional association for legal support staff for twenty consecutive years shall qualify for Active Life Membership and reduced dues.
Benefits of Membership
- For Members
- Seminars and workshops on legal education and professional enhancement are offered at minimal or no cost to members.
- Included in membership dues are subscriptions to:
- De Novo, a bi-monthly publication offering articles on legal education, technological advances, and other areas of interest to legal support staff.
- State of the Association, a bi-monthly newsletter detailing events, news, and notes about CALSS, its affiliated local chapters, and members.
- Increased efficiency in the legal field is promoted by a membership network of legal support professionals. CALSS members are dedicated to sharing ideas, knowledge, and experience with fellow members.
- For Employers
- Increased effectiveness, experience, and skills of legal support staff.
- Improved quality of work product and enhanced professional image in the legal field.
- Availability of quality education for legal support staff at minimal or no cost to members.
- A state-wide network providing information and referrals in many Colorado counties.
Annual dues are payable to CALSS on or before September 1 in the amount of $40 for Active Members, and $25 for Active Life and Associate Members. Additional dues may be payable for affiliated local chapter membership.
Click on the link below to access the membership enrollment form. See page 2 of the form for local chapter dues and mailing information.
For additional information about CALSS membership contact:
CALSS Membership Chairman
P. O. Box 2835
Denver, CO 80201-2835